Laptop left click touchpad button irritation

Halmer 16:39 31 May 08

Sometimes on my Medion laptop I have to click the left button twice before a link will work. It's almost like there is something wrong with the left click button and it doesn't always work the first time so I have to press it again.

Medion have checked this for me and claim that there is nothing wrong with it. I've had a look in control panel and can't see anything under mouse settings that changes the sensitivity or anything else that might help.

Has anyone got an suggestions please because it's so frustrating and slows me down whilst surfing the net.

Earthsea 16:58 31 May 08

Same happens to me occasionally, but it's not really a problem. Have you thought about getting a mouse?

In my case it might be due to where I actually press the left button, but I'm not sure.

Halmer 17:07 31 May 08

Normally I use a mouse but I've been flat out on my back with a slipped disk for 4 weeks so I've had to learn to use the touchpad.

Never really liked to use the touchpad to be honest (the laptop came with a mini size mouse which is great) but had to learn to use it.

Laptop's been my best buddy for a month during the day when family are at work/school etc! Even up to date with my work e-mails now.

Strawballs 21:12 31 May 08

Does it have a tapping facility? I had my HP 3yrs before I found it in control panel you just tap the pad.

woodchip 21:19 31 May 08

There should be a Icon in the system Tray for the Touchpad on your Medion

woodchip 21:26 31 May 08

Icon may be a black square with two dots. double click it or right click it

Ashrich 21:35 31 May 08

I rarely use the left click function on my mouse pad , I always tap , it just comes naturally . Have a look at the various settings for the pad in Control Panel , there are loads of things that you can set it for .

Ashley

Halmer 22:06 31 May 08

I disabled the tapping facility because I could not get used to it.

Found I was dragging folders without meaning to which worried me.

H

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5