Laptop left off for 1 month, now will not connect

Sapins 16:47 19 Mar 09

I have a desktop, running XP Home SP3. connected to a netgear router with an Ethernet cable and a laptop, running XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 SP 3, which I use wirelessly. I have just returned from holiday and I thought I had switched off my laptop but I had only closed the lid which puts it in standby. Normally the laptop will connect automatically when I switch it on, now it will not connect at all. Has being in standby changed anything? I have not altered any settings so why will it not connect.

The laptop network connections shows:

1394 Connection, Connected, Firewalled 1394 Net Adapter.

Local Area Connection, Network cable unplugged, Firewalled, Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated C...

Wireless Network Connection. Connected,Firewalled,Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Net...

Any help appreciated.

mgmcc 19:44 19 Mar 09

Have you tried right clicking the Wireless Network Connection and selecting "Repair"?

Kevscar1 20:28 19 Mar 09

Try unplugging the router from the mains wait 30 secs then plug in again. No guarantee it will work but you have nothing to lose and it won't case any damage

Taff™ 07:56 20 Mar 09

I`ve read something in the last week on a manufacturers website about this but I can`t remember which one! What make and model is the laptop? (I`m guessing at HP, Fujitsu or Acer because those I`ve worked on during the last 7 days)

Sapins 08:34 20 Mar 09

Hi all,

mgmcc, Tried this.

Kevscar, this has worked, but, the connection is very slow!

Taff™, the laptop is a Dell Inspiron.

Sapins 08:45 20 Mar 09

Now downloading Windows updates,very slow!

It seems to be ok now apart from slow speed,so thank you all for your help,

Regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced