Laptop to LCD TV/Monitor issues

sven86 15:14 27 Jun 07

Hi hope someone here can help me with this one!

Recently bought a 19" Samsung LCD TV/Monitor with PC input. So I plugged it into the VGA port on my fujitsu siemens laptop and restarted the PC as you would but it did not acknowledge the new monitor being plugged in ... despite pressing fn+f4 which should alternate between the laptop display and new one. The only way I can get it to send a signal to the new monitor is by plugging a traditional monitor in which works fine, sending the signal to that (fn+f4) then unplugging it from the VGA port and replacing it with the cable for the new LCD monitor. I have been talking to helplines for both fujitsu siemens and Samsung but neither have a solution for the problem.

BUT! Samsung said it can sometimes be sorted by installing software that can change the display setting Hz which is (apparently) a cause of the problem. But the screen works perfectly if I plug in an old monitor first ... can anyone help me with this? Anyone heard of this software that varies the Hz??? Cheers for reading this, any help will be greatly appreciated. Steve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…