Laptop LCD really dim? faint glow? whats wrong?

Spirit Of Nightmare 2003 13:32 07 Apr 03

i have an toshiba tecra 540cdt laptop running windows 98 the screen has suddenly become really dim although there is a faint glow which can at a strain be seen it looks as though all of the colours are there so i dont think the display is actually broken. i can't find a button or anything on the screen to turn up brightness is there a program or key combination that will turn brightness up as maybe this will help? please help thanx.

beeuuem 13:36 07 Apr 03

Have you dropped it?click here

Spirit Of Nightmare 2003 13:39 07 Apr 03

no i havent dropped it

spikeychris 13:43 07 Apr 03

It will not be enough to increase it that much, but do you have a Fn key? if so press and hold it and look for a picture of a sun with a + symbol, press them both at the same time.

Chris

fitshase 13:45 07 Apr 03

Have you contacted Toshiba about the problem? There may be a common fault with those machines that they know about and know how to fix.

Regards

Fitshase

graham 13:49 07 Apr 03

Could be the light tube has failed. :-(

Spirit Of Nightmare 2003 13:51 07 Apr 03

please say there is a fix for this please! its not in warranty any more :-(

Spirit Of Nightmare 2004 13:56 07 Apr 03

ive found a brightness program ill try this be right back.

Spirit Of Nightmare 2004 13:14 08 Apr 03

still not fixed it any other ideas?

Big Elf 13:34 08 Apr 03

Found this in Micromart click here

It isn't cheap though.

Even if it's out of warranty I would still contact Toshiba as they may, as a goodwill gesture, repair it free or at cost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…