Laptop Keyboard Prob

Legslip 08:56 18 Oct 07

I have a Sony Vaio about six years old and all of a sudden keys have started to stick. I fink the keyboards knackered. I can use an external USB board OK, but the stuck keys on the laptop interfere with what I am doing. Will the external keyboard/laptop still work if I take out physicaly and completely the old keyboard? I looked into the BIOS to see if I could disable it there but couldn't see anything. Praps I might be able to do that through device manager?

Expat 1 09:16 18 Oct 07

I have a Fujitsu Siemens laptop and have a facility to disable the laptop keyboard. It's holding down Fn and pressing F9. A guy in our computer clubhas a Sony Vaio, Don't know what model, but although that combination never worked he did manage to disable his keyboard, can't remember which combination worked sorry. Worth a try though.

It's the age thing !!!!!

Expat1

Legslip 09:38 18 Oct 07

......perhaps someone out there knows how to disable the keyboard?

johnnyrocker 09:47 18 Oct 07

sony?

johnny.

johnnyrocker 09:49 18 Oct 07

sorry could not resist it click here=
maybe it will make up for it;)

johnny.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:53 18 Oct 07

A good method of cleaning a keyboard is to wrap a moist tissue (like a baby wipe)round a credit card, and run the edge in the slots between the keys.

This may well free up your sticking keys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced