Laptop Keyboard 'Function Keys'

Tol-1303202 13:17 27 Oct 08

Hi

I have an Advent Laptop which I bought from PC World only about 6 months ago.

Since I've had it I have persistently had a problem with some (but not all) of the 'additional function' keys on the keyboard producing its 'function' symbol as oppose to just the ordinary symbol of that key.

The laptop utilises Windows Vista Premuim as the OS.

Has anybody else experienced such a problem? And does anybody have any solutions or suggestions for rectifiying this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

birdface 14:19 27 Oct 08

Check regional and languages in Control Panel.And make sure that it is set right. Regional & language options.English Uk in both dropdown boxes.Then into Languages.Details,English Uk in the dropdown box and in the large box.In the large box if it also gives you English US Remove the US Version.

Tol-1303202 18:10 27 Oct 08

Hi thanks for your advice and prompt reply.

Have just tried this but this (The Language & Regional Settings) has not resolved my problem.

Any other advice?..thanks in advance.

Pineman100 18:37 27 Oct 08

Given that it's presumably still in warranty, and the ease with which you can transport a laptop, I suggest that you go and make a nuisance of yourself in PC World until they correct the problem for you.

birdface 19:20 27 Oct 08

Beat me to it.If you cannot get the help that you require on here.Take it back to PC World and tell them it has been like that since you got it from them.You have a 1 year warranty with it.But I am sure that you may get the help that you need on here.Some clever folk around unfortunately I am not one of them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now