goose1984 22:43 28 Jan 05

Hiya all

I have just got an IBM T23 laptop:

Intel III Mobile CPU 866mhz, 512mhz
256mb Ram
14gig hdd
S3 Graphics superSavage graphics cards
Running XP Pro

Firstly sometimes I have to start and restart the laptop about 10 times sometimes because it hangs when the windows XP logo screen appears

Secondly when I do manage to get the laptop booted after about 1/2 hour use it just crashes.

I have ran error checking and it found no errrors, i have updated the bios and updated all the drivers.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem is here and how to solve it?

Is it that the laptop purely cant run XP pro?

Thanx in advance

woodchip 22:51 28 Jan 05

Try this, Go to Start\Run type MSCONFIG go to startup tab and remove tick from boxes then restart to see if it works OK if it does put one item back at a time and reboot to check, this may be a slow proses but you should find the problem. Do not go on the Net without AV or Firewall

Totally-braindead 22:53 28 Jan 05

I can't see any reason the laptop can't run XP the specification is definately high enough.

woodchip 22:54 28 Jan 05

PS if the above does not work you may need a new graphics driver or one of those Laptop coolers to stand your Laptop on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…