Laptop Keeps "forgetting connection"!

diver9 08:36 12 Feb 10

I am suffering from an irritating problem. For a friend I set up a netgear DG8347G and the PC is wired in and the laptop is set up to connect wirelessly.

I connect using the laptop and restart 3 or 4 times and it connects with no problems.

Unfortunately, when I have returned home they have called me the next day to say the laptop is not connecting! I thought it might be a driver issue, so I brought the laptop back home and renewed drivers and then allowed it to connect to my network with no problem and over 2 or 3 days it always connected.

I returned to their house and switched the laptop on and did the WEP key and all was well. I then did 2 or 3 restarts with no problems.......well 5 hours later they have just called me to say.....it is not connecting - it keeps coming up with "Problem connecting to netgear - press here to troubleshoot".

Has anyone got any ideas? Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Many thanks

Diver9

User-1229748 19:31 12 Feb 10

what does the troubleshooter say? what operating system is the laptop using? would change security from wep to wpa at least.could also set the channel in router to 11. would change setting in wireless adapter power management not to let computer turn off this device to save power

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5