laptop Irda connection

PJ8 18:08 28 Feb 04

I am trying to connect to the internet using a samsung irda activated mobile phone and a laptop. The laptop recognises the device nearby but am unsure how to make the internet connection. I usually use a freeserve anytime account on the land-line connection. Do you need to set up a seperate account for mobile phone-enabled connection?

Diodorus Siculus 18:17 28 Feb 04

You will need to create a new connection and tell it that the mobile is its modem - this is from within properties.

PJ8 18:25 28 Feb 04

Thanks Diodorus Siculus,

Which properties am I looking in?When I go to the new connection wizard, I am asked which ISP I want to go online with or whether I need to transfer an existing account to this computer. I already have a landline connection account with freeserve on my laptop.

Diodorus Siculus 19:02 28 Feb 04

Create a new DUN connection - do it using the manual option. Put in your ISP details - phone number, username, password.

Then go into DUN connections and right click on the new one.

From there go to "connect using" and from there it should be possible.

Sorry I can't be more specific...

PJ8 20:08 28 Feb 04

Thanks.Have input your suggestions. Connect using is now using the irda connection, but am getting message that "remote user did not answer communication request". When i dial the telephone number used for connection on my phone as if making a call i just get a message saying I have dialed an incorrect number. Any suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…