Laptop internet connection

connon 20:00 11 May 04

I have got a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop and want to connect to the internet wireless free but don't have a clue how to.

Can any one help???

Lofty73 20:04 11 May 04

What type of internet connection do you currently have dialup/broadband?

connon 20:22 11 May 04

I have a modem fitted but have no connection yet as I want to go wireless.

Lofty73 20:27 11 May 04

You will need to ideally get a broadband connection either via a /bt line or better via a local cable operator You would then need to get a wireless broadband router and then a wireless network card for your laptop. You will not be able as far as I am aware be able to use your in built modem for a wireless connection

connon 20:38 11 May 04

Have found a Wireless Broadband Router which has an Integrated ADSL modem, wireless PC Card and 1 wired LAN port.

Is this the correct thing - does that mean I do not need to buy a Wireless Network Card???

Lofty73 21:15 11 May 04

Go to this page click here
It has lots of help and advice about setting up a wireless newtork. The kit you have found will do provided you go with the correct internet supplier. Do you have cable in your area or are you stuck with a BT landline?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…