Laptop Hotkeys Problem

Ste R 62 11:06 07 May 04

Running windows XP on an advent 7 series laptop.

Have a bunch of hotkeys in the top left corner of the keyboard area - Internet, e-mail, wireless connection etc. These have all stopped working.
Does anybody know how i can get these back up and running?

All help appreciated.

johnnyrocker 11:07 07 May 04

unless something obvious try system restore?

expertec 11:08 07 May 04

When did they stop working? Have you tried doing a system restore?

Ste R 62 11:17 07 May 04

started a couple of days ago possible virus.

i have tried a system restore from the ones available on the list within the system restore tool and this did not work, I may try a date further back. But then may lose my virus software that i have installed.

Or do you mean from the restore disc?

Any advice?

computernerdiamnot 11:27 07 May 04

Do you have a launch program manager installed on your laptop?

Ste R 62 12:45 07 May 04

do you mean the startup manager/configerer where you choose which programs run on computer startup, or something else?

computernerdiamnot 16:22 07 May 04

no, my laptop has email,web and 2 programmble keys but when i press them when nothing is assigned i get the launch manager which then allows me to assign a program.

computernerdiamnot 16:23 07 May 04

Look under programs and see if you have a program called launch manager.

Stuartli 17:09 07 May 04

Have you opened Keyboard from Control Manager?

You should get a panel up with a number of tabs, including HotKey settings.

matt1234 17:31 07 May 04

ok i have an evesham laptop and i have a program called easy start button that runs my 4 start buttons

so look to see if their is something in their that runs it and open it!

Stormpool 17:33 07 May 04

A recent critical security update for windows xp has caused problems with the Mitac Easy Start Button software to malfunction.

Symptoms are that you can open the ESB program but the window disappears when you move the mouse over it.

click here look on there for your laptop model, the update driver may be available. Or speak to the laptop supplier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…