laptop to home pc wireless

fredyflame 13:38 03 Jun 04

i have a new PC which runs tv programs dvd etc and a wireless connection
if I have a laptop with a wireless connection as well could I watch tv through the laptop via my home pc (in another room say)
in other words can I use all of my home pc'software on my laptop

thank you

Charence 17:17 03 Jun 04

I'm not sure if you can do that simultaneously, because one tuner can only view one channel at a time.

At the moment, the only way that I think this could possibly work is if you use Remote Access to gain control of "home" computer. I know that DVD will not work this way in a network environment. However if you use Remote Access you can watch DVD on another computer.

I think the easiest option for what you're trying to do is get a video sender (click here) but you'll also need a graphics card with AV sockets. Even using this solution, it would not be possible for both computers to use DVD or TV at different times watching different things.

Charence

fredyflame 20:44 03 Jun 04

do you think then that the tv card will work with just the same program on both pc's?
as thats all I want as i can minimise the picture and use the pc as normal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…