Laptop Help (os related)

Ross Murray 14:36 20 Jun 06

(I've also posted this in the Digital World Forum by mistake, please could the forum moderator delete the other topic)

I've recently noticed a few operating system errors (I think) since recovering my computer to factory settings (basically a clean install). The Laptop is an Acer Aspire 3003WLMI and these are the first problems I've had since getting it at Xmas.

The problems are:

Error on shutdown - A message box pops up reporting what I believe is a driver error (.dll) however it is gone within less than a second so I can't fully read the message.

The LAN Icon on the taskbar shows the Wireless Network Connection (aquiring network address icon). However the actual Wireless Network Icon Works as normal.

Windows Update Site requires me to install Macromedia Flash, but once downloaded, and I click on the install icon and select the Installation langauge, no further install messages appear.

I've downloaded the latest updates for XP Home SP2 from the Microsoft Update site.

Thanks for anyhelp, I know these are not major concerns, but they could be bugging after a while!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5