laptop help needed

medic10 07:56 23 Feb 10

hi there guys

I've been looking at laptops recently, but I just couldn't find the perfect on as I don't know much about laptops.

Basically it would be great if you can find a laptop from pcworld,argos etc

I just want a laptop which has 4GB and 320-500Hard Drive, and that can run 1 game which is football manager 2010.I have a budget of 400-450.

Thanks in Advance.

onthelimit 09:39 23 Feb 10

The choice of suitable ones for what you want to do in that price range is considerable. If you want to check reliability etc, I suggest you check with Which? You can have a free trial.

MAJ 09:50 23 Feb 10

As onthe limit says, loads of laptops nowadays, in that price range, will do what you want. Pick one you like the look of and check it's suitability to run your game click here

medic10 15:46 23 Feb 10

thanks guys..

medic10 15:50 23 Feb 10

click here

or

click here

which one guys?

onthelimit 16:02 23 Feb 10

Your call, of course, but the Samsung seems to have a 3 yr warranty and battery life is better.

GaT7 16:11 23 Feb 10

"which one guys?"

Neither of them, as they both have integrated graphics (GPUs).

Laptop GPUs are harder to recommend than desktop, but you should get a better answer at a dedicated FM forum like click here.

They've posted system requirements click here, but info on laptop GPUs is vague.

And strangely, this thread click here asking for help about laptops specs, doesn't mention anything about its GPU, but everybody says the laptop will be fine!?

Here are some laptop GPU benchmarks click here, click here & click here. No mention of FM2010, but with the info you will hopefully avoid the lowest cards. And as I said before, an integrated/onboard GPU is one you would definitely want to avoid. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5