Laptop help. flickering amber light no power on

Giggle n' Bits 22:36 08 Jan 03
  Giggle n' Bits 22:36 08 Jan 03

either when pluged into a Mains or just of battery hit power swithc just does nothing.

Win200 O/s, Toshiba Satalite Pro 4300

Yes I did buy it second hand, Aug 02, it did work ok, till this morning after not using it for a few weeks its just a box with a small flashing light and zilch.

Think I have been ripped of.

Does anyone know if there is a stolen Laptop database for Toshiba stuff as i now have my doubts. This one for Mr Jazzypop the Link man.

1st RHA 22:44 08 Jan 03

graham 22:48 08 Jan 03

for stolen laptops. In the meantime, take out the battery and check for dirty contacts.

Giggle n' Bits 22:56 08 Jan 03

is put back it just keeps a light flickering.
Even with no AC power plug in.

I was thinking of taking the big baterry out for a few hours. but would this wipe the memory.

unable to find a usable uk stolen tosh DB.

Giggle n' Bits 22:58 08 Jan 03

I thought about the HDD but wouldn't get to the BIOS setup screen even if dead ?. As the normal PC's do.

1st RHA 23:01 08 Jan 03

but sounds like a power supply prob is there a fuse it sounds like a job for an engineer

WaTcHiNg 01:10 09 Jan 03

I saw this on my 4270 last week. It had been powered off for a couple of weeks. Cam e to turn it on, went through a boot but then hung with the symtoms you said. I rebooted (removed battery, PSU for 1 min and recon both) went into win2k in safe mode and removed the S3 update done by windows update to the video driver. All hunky dory now :)

Giggle n' Bits 01:25 09 Jan 03

I have had that big battery out for a few hours now when you say remove the PSU you mean the Power Adpater plug adapter thing that plugs from Wall socket to pin hole in rear of laptop or a Internal within Laptop PSU like on a PC ?.

I carn;t find any info on a website anywhere about a fuse.

Keep your ideas comming in please, getting woried.

Thanks ofr the help.

Giggle n' Bits 21:15 09 Jan 03

removed for a few hours then when replacing it and trying to power up it actually gave the Amber, Green, then on the 3rd light just before HDD it made a very quick HDD spin then back to nothing.

Seems to me the HDD is Dead is this a good indication to confirm ad nothing else works. ?

wee eddie 23:22 09 Jan 03

At the moment none of us know which light is flashing. My Advent has a number of lights, many of which flash at various times. Each does so for a different reason. Your Tosh will be different but the Manual will at least identify a little of this.

When I first powered up, the charge lights alternated untill there was a full charge in the battery. Could you have a faulty/flat battery.

From what you have said, it has worked well for 4 months. So forget the ripoff idea. If you feel that you (bought at well below market price) have been a party to "Reset" you had best not take it to PC World. So find yourself an engineer that runs a taxi on the side and get him to check it out.

before you do this read the manual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch