Laptop help

Daisy22 19:10 23 Aug 07

I am looking to buy a laptop, I only want it for basic things although a DVD RW drive would be nice, I would also like the fastest speed and 2048 mb Ram if possible. I am also happy to continue with XP rather than Vista if I have a choice.

I have other equipment such as printer, scanner, camera, etc. that I may want to connect it to at some point although will probably keep the office PC for that.

I am looking for wireless so I can use my phone system through the PC.

Can anyone recommend something, and as I get confused between Ghz/MB/Ram/GB etc. if you could detail each one exactly for me, so I know what I am looking for.

Many thanks

skidzy 19:14 23 Aug 07

Firstly almost all laptops now come wireless enabled.

Can you state your budget please as the choice of laptop is huge.

Take a look at Dell or Acer,but your choices will be endless.

Daisy22 19:33 23 Aug 07

I am looking at paying about £500 - £600.

The main problem I have is I can't work out my GB from MB from Ghz etc. My existing PC is 1024 Mb Ram, so I would like something bigger than that, but also quite fast.

As said I only really want something simple, I don't need Norton or any AV software as I am happy with the one I use already (AVG) so I don't really want to be paying for that if I don't need to.

skidzy 20:03 23 Aug 07
  Babou 00:53 24 Aug 07

2Gb of RAM would be a good choice - and this one click here has dual core processors and a big hard drive too. My Acer is similar to this (though not quite as high spec) and it's nice and quick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…