Laptop HD

curtis8345 19:35 14 May 06

I know i have posted something simular to this before but my laptop can have 2 Hard drives instead of just one. Right now it has one hard drive inside it but has 2 partions. I use 1 of the partions for windows and program files and the other partion for My documents which uses alot of space. Would it be a better idea to just use the second hard drive bay and store all my files on that and use the original hd for windows and programs files. I dont not realy care about battery life and the weight of the laptop so this does not matter.
Thanks alot for any help!!!!

Diodorus Siculus 19:51 14 May 06

I'd advise an external drive - that can be the bestoption for security.

woodchip 19:54 14 May 06

For the other drive, Is it a PCMCIA as these can be expensive and small. as above a external usb drive is a better option

curtis8345 19:54 14 May 06

what do you mean by security?

curtis8345 19:55 14 May 06

sorry i think you are thinking of something different, my laptop has another bay for another hard drive i didnt mean the pcmcia slot

woodchip 20:00 14 May 06

It would still be better with a USB2 external drive as it would be cheaper and bigger for the money

Diodorus Siculus 20:03 14 May 06

When I said security, I meant in terms of backup security - better to back up to an external disk - if there is a fault with the machine, an internal disk is at greater risk.

woodchip 20:03 14 May 06

With regards to security, it would also be better to keep your docs on external it is not in the same place if the laptop gets nicked

curtis8345 20:04 14 May 06

ok good idea guys. thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…