Laptop Hard Drive Upgrade

chub_tor 19:35 18 Jul 08

Can anyone tell me what the recommended procedure is for upgrading a hard drive for a laptop. i'm minded to put in a new 320Gb unit from ebuyer click here to replace my existing 100Gb unit.

Normally in my desktop I would connect the new unit as a slave and use the supplied cloning software to copy everything from the old hard drive to the new one - I have done this several times over the years.

But as there is nowhere (other than USB) to connect the two drives at the same time I am puzzled as how to make the upgrade - I certainly do not want to go down the route of making a new fresh instal of the OS and my other software.

Should I clone my existing hard drive to my external hard drive and then put in the new 320Gb and clone back? If so how would I be able to boot up.

Any advice based on personal experience would be welcomed.

chub_tor 20:51 18 Jul 08

OK I've had a check on the web and I'm thinking that I could buy one of these housings click here and the ebuyer hard drive click here and use some hard drive clone software to copy the software across and then change the hard drives over. Anyone see a problem?

chub_tor 21:08 18 Jul 08

On further reading the enclosure that I picked was not suitable for SATA but this one is click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…