Laptop Hard Drive How To Test ?

Tony275 17:41 30 Dec 06

Hi all I Have Been Given An Old Laptop A Compaq Armada 4130t. It is dead I try Switching it on but nothing happens. There Is A Docking Station And Battery, But Nothing No Power Getting to it. So I Took A Look At It And Found A IBM HDD Model DKLA-24320 Hard drive inside, It's Obviously not the original Hard Drive It's A Replacement, But It's a 30gb Hard Drive And Was Wondering If Anyone Could Tell Me How To Try It, If It Works Ok I've Heard Of People Buying Caddies And Some Kind Of Adaptor And Using It As A Spare H/Drive External. If Anyone Can Help Then That Would Be Brilliant.

Any Imput Welcomed Tony

Diodorus Siculus 17:45 30 Dec 06

click here for what you need.

That will let you see what data is on the hard drive but it doesn't mean you will get the laptop going - more likely a different problem if there is nothing when you press power button.
PS why capitalise every word? Makes for a strange expreience when reading...

Tony275 17:50 30 Dec 06

Sorry for capitalising every word, I was trying to seem like I knew what I was talking about, Seems I made an ass of myself.

Sorry :(

Tony275 17:50 30 Dec 06

Forgot to Say THANKS

Tony275 17:55 30 Dec 06

Hi again just read the link and it sounds ideal except it's gonna cost a tenner and i'm from Yorkshire, Don't like spending if I can help it, it there a lead I can get hold of to just power it up from my computer to test it works first ?

Regards Tony

Diodorus Siculus 18:10 30 Dec 06

No need to apologise - just seemed strange...

click here and have a look. It will cost you a couple of pounds plus postage.

Tony275 18:19 30 Dec 06

Many Thanks for the fast and friendly advice

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5