Laptop Hard Disk Connectivity (non IDE/SATA)

taylor99 12:41 02 Nov 10

Hi,

I hoping you will be able to shed some light on an issue for me.

I have a Compaq note book which is currently suffering some issues with either the BIOS or the hard disk.

The hard disk is a Fujitsu MHR2020AT (Part No. CA06062-B65200C1), I need to connect this drive to my desktop to perform some disk checks and move some data off the device. The problem I am having is I can't find a cable/converter with the right connections. The connection on the disk looks like an IDE but it is slighlty different.

Do you know what this connection type is and where I can find a converter for it?

Any help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Ian

Nontek 13:00 02 Nov 10

click here or similar, plenty if you look on Google.

gengiscant 13:15 02 Nov 10

Its just a standard 2.5 harddrive as far as I can make out so something from here will do you.
I have one, very useful.click here

taylor99 15:52 02 Nov 10

Thank you for your prompt replies. I did try a product from pc world which look similar to those suggested but it did not have the correct connection.

The pins on the hard disk are arranged as below which doesn't hook up to a normal IDE cable, it may be an older design as I belive the laptop it came from is approx 7 years old.

HDD Pins;
::::::::::::'::::::::: ::

The standard IDE pins seem to be arranged in two lines of 20.

Do you know if any of the suggested products have the correct connector for my HDD?

taylor99 15:56 02 Nov 10

It looks like the connection type I need is a "44-way Micro IDC" now I just need to find a converter

gengiscant 16:00 02 Nov 10

Something like this click here
or this click here

Nontek 16:02 02 Nov 10

You can ignore the 4 pins slightly separated at the end of the two rows, the items gengiscant and I have mentioned, will connect your drive ok.

Nontek 16:08 02 Nov 10

On my own USB2.0 IDE/SATA cable setup box, it states "IDE 44Pin connect 2.5" IDE HDD, IDE 40Pin connect 3.5" IDE HDD or IDE Device, SATA connect 2.5"/3>5" SATA HDD."

taylor99 16:09 02 Nov 10

Excellent I'll give it a try.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced