laptop graphics ..will it play games

stephen0205 16:28 13 Sep 06

i have a acer aspire 3660 series with a ati mobility xpress 200m and before i go buy games i want to know if it can play them so could some one help

Belatucadrus 16:43 13 Sep 06

Read the system requirements on the box very carefully, some will play, many aren't going to.
List the games you have in mind and I'm sure the experts can offer guidance.

stephen0205 17:13 13 Sep 06

games like tomb raide ( dosent say in manual )
tomb raider legends...hit man.... need for speed stuff like that

vinnyT 15:05 14 Sep 06

I may be wrong but, I think with those games you are out of luck. Most new/recent games rely on the vga more than the cpu these days to render the pixels, I just don't think that your xpress 200m vga chip is going to cut it.

You may be able to get a playable frame rate if the game was set to its absolute basic settings, but where's the fun in that?

Sorry.

wee eddie 17:42 14 Sep 06

As vinnyT says you might get to play up to date games it you cut out all the frills. but you would not be a happy bunny.

stephen0205 18:23 14 Sep 06

is this x200 a card or a chip and if its a card cant i just take it to a laptop shop and have them install a better one

Belatucadrus 20:15 14 Sep 06

"cant i just take it to a laptop shop and have them install a better one."
No, they're built into the motherboard and upgrades are next to impossible, therein lies the biggest problem with laptops as games machines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…