Laptop Graphics & TV Input

Jamie H 10:26 22 Jan 08

A couple of issues if I may :-)

My main PC has a fairly old Nvidia Geforce FX5200 installed, and it struggles to run some games I throw at it ie, MS FS2004.

Just as an idea I decided to install FS2004 on my lappy 1.8GHz 1GB Ram (almost the same as PC) yet it only has ATI Radeon Xpress 200M onboard graphic - which seems to run the game a lot smoother than my main PC

How could this be?

So, I have decided to try and hook my lappy up to my 32" TV - here comes the second question folks :-)

My lappy has a 7-pin S-Video socket on the back and my TV has the 3 RCA sockets ?? (the Red, White, Yellow fellows)

Do I literally just need an S-Video to RCA lead to hook them up? Or do I need a seperate lead for the audio signal as I vaguely remember someone mentioning this before?

Many thanks

dms05 11:43 22 Jan 08

S-Video carries the colour and the brightness signals seperately, it doesn't carry audio.

The three RCA sockets on your TV accept Composite Video (yellow) and stereo audio (red and white).

You can't link the two systems directly and will need a converter handling S-Video to Composite Video.

dms05 11:45 22 Jan 08

Sorry, the audio would run directly from your laptops output to the RCA red and white inputs with a suitable lead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac