Laptop Graphics Cards

cthooli 21:53 13 Mar 03

Is it possible to upgarde the graphics card on my laptop, its currently a S3 Savege card 32mb but it cant handle full screen DVD. The laptop is a time model with 1.5 athlon and 386mb ram! 40 gb hard drive. but on full screen dvd it skips and sticks and jumps! its not the player either cause i have tried others

powerless 21:55 13 Mar 03

Nope.

Update your drivers for the card, see if that helps.

PCA_Expert 22:51 13 Mar 03

Eh?

What about the Nvidia GeForceGo series of cards click here and Ati Mobility cards click here ?

nick_j007 23:38 13 Mar 03

I use a Dell 8100 with a GeForceGo 2 32MB card and it is fine in all respects, but please note that initially my DVD playback was awfully choppy in full screen mode and was most dissappointed at first. I contacted Dell who gave me a few driver updates to try. Since installing those updates it has continued to work a treat. So, I would look more at your drivers for now. Visit the web site for your graphics card for starters?

Good luck!

Nick Jones.

bigdamouk 04:50 14 Mar 03

Powerless is correct, its not possible to update any internal hardware on your laptop apart from a RAM ugrade. Beside which im pretty certain that opening your laptop in that respect would invalidate your warranty.

I have a Sony Vaio PCG with an ATI rage 8Mb graphics, i have no problem running DVDs in full screen mode.

zanwalk 06:42 14 Mar 03

I have a very similar model to yours - plays DVD's without any problem, as above, check your drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…