Laptop Graphics card -Help needed

roders 13:34 25 Nov 03

Hi, my dad has recently bought a laptop and the sad person he is whants to play a train game, upon installing it wouldnt play as no graphics card. I know nothing about laptops, but i know they dont take cards that pc takes.

could someone advise what type he needs and possibly where to purchase from

Many Thanks

DieSse 13:42 25 Nov 03

All computers have a graphics card, or the equivalent on the motherboard - you would not see anything on the screen without it.

As a general rule you cannot do anything to change the graphics on a laptop - it's just not possible.

To find otu what graphics are in the laptop, download and run ADA32 click here this will tell you what is fitted.

You say his program wouldn't run - what error message did he get?

Can you give the make and model of the laptop too, please, and the name of the game.

roders 13:54 25 Nov 03

Cheers d...im at work at moment, when i get home tonight i will take a look at exactly what model it is, im sure its an ibm thinkpad and will run the program you kindly provided above.

The game is microsoft train simulator which is obviously high on graphics useage, i think the graphics card with the laptop is just basic and not powerful enough to run the game.

When opened game to play it just wouldnt load up, it was just a blank screen

il update tonight

thanks

Ex Cossack 14:09 25 Nov 03

I agree with DieSse. I don't think it's possible to actually change the graphics "card" in a laptop. You could try these sites though and see if someone can help you. click here or click here

roders 14:15 25 Nov 03

cheers cossack

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…