Laptop Graphics Card

CodheadZogman 22:51 24 Mar 05

I bought a Sony Vaio for my son for watching DVDs and playing games (command & conquer, splinter cell etc). The salesman assured me that'this is the one'. The on board graphics are pants (32 mb)! Is it true that you can't upgrade laptop graphics cards? Have I been sold a dud?

Many thanks.

woodchip 23:04 24 Mar 05

If they are onboard you cannot upgrade. Also laptops are not very up gradable things as they use none standard components so they fit in the case

FelixTCat 23:11 24 Mar 05

If you specifically told the salesman that you wanted to play games, take it back and demand a refund. The laptop is not fit for its intended purpose.

You need a laptop with an Ati Radeon 9700 (or nVidia equivalent) or better to play current games. No laptop with on-board graphics will play recent games and cannot be upgraded to do so.

TomJerry 00:24 25 Mar 05

follow FelixTCat's advice and send it back and get one with good graphics for game

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…