laptop getting reeeaaallly hot!!

dj_stu 10:45 27 Oct 05

i was wondering if there's a cheapish solution to my laptop getting very hot after using it for more than half an hour. i usually just use it while lying on my bed and i really notice how hot it becomes and i'm worried that it will damage the computer. firstly, how damaging is a high temperature to the laptop. and secondly, how can i solve this?

thanks

EARLR 11:15 27 Oct 05

I bought a laptop cooler from amazon not cheap but neither is a lap top.

Belatucadrus 11:42 27 Oct 05

click here for the Antec Notebook Cooler. A cheaper option that may be worth a try is to put a tray or a piece of wood under the laptop, many laptops have vents on the bottom and resting it on a bed may be blocking the airflow.

xania 12:39 27 Oct 05

If you are using the laptop on your bed, make sure that your bed-clothes are not foulling any of the holes in the base of the machine - could be that you are blocking the circulation of air. Try putting the machine on a firmer surface.

24bitkid 12:44 27 Oct 05

You could fry an egg on mine!

Magik ®© 12:47 27 Oct 05

mine gets very hot, always has, and the makers say, they do run hot and nothing to worry about, mine is still fine a year on, and mine is running for 18 hours a day...and when i say hot, i mean hot..

Stuartli 12:49 27 Oct 05

It's also one of the reasons for NOT using it in a certain position despite the term laptop...:-)

amonra 14:12 27 Oct 05

The cheapest solution to your problem is ---get out of bed !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…