Laptop function

Addie 20:02 07 Oct 06

Could you please assist my daughter with her laptop problem? She has only had the laptop for a week, and whilst she was typing this evening, she must have pressed the wrong key to alter the funtion of several of the keys. It is now only typing numbers instead of the letters to the right hand side of the keyboard (the numberpad facility). I thought that she may have hit the function key by mistake and that re-pressing it would alter the function of these keys back, but this hasn't happened. She has also tried pressing the function key in conjunction with the shift key and then also tried function with the control key but to no avail. The enter/return button also started to refuse to work which I have found a little puzzling. Can anyone assist as she is at University & needs the use of her laptop for her work. Many thanks.

ed-0 20:07 07 Oct 06

what is the make and model of the laptop?

It's probably a shortcut with a function key.

Has she tried the Fn key with, scroll, pause, insert and delete?

sat481 20:08 07 Oct 06

On the keyboard you should have a blue key labelles Fn ans also another key labelled either NumLk or shwing a picture of a blue number in a square. If you press these two together you should get the letters back to normal

Take care

Sat

ed-0 20:09 07 Oct 06

thats under scroll on mine ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced