Laptop for a friend, help please :)

A friend is looking for a laptop - she's a school teacher so she only really needs the laptop for word processing.

She's fine with something 15 inches and isn't bothered about multimedia features - it's purely for work related school teachery stuff!

Her Budget is £400 - preferably less if possible.

I was considering the Dells yet there are a few poor reviews on the Dell site on the cheaper 15" models. Is there anything else I should consider/do you guys have any recommendations?

northumbria61 22:50 PM 03 Aug 11

In my opinion this is excellent value for the specification with the latest Intel i3 processor, 8GB memory (RAM) and plenty of storage 500GB hard disk drive. link text

I personally wouldn't consider a DELL but that's only my opinion. (Poor customer support)

northumbria61 22:51 PM 03 Aug 11

Another suggestion - link text

Great suggestions thanks! Anything nearer £300 or £350 just to compare. Liking the 8gig in the first one too, both awesome suggestions :D

chub_tor 09:14 AM 04 Aug 11

£300 and Clubcard points...

The Kestrel 09:22 AM 04 Aug 11

As a recently retired teacher, who has seen the vast increase in use of computers by both teachers and students, I would suggest your teacher friend will be using her laptop for far more than just word processing. My recommendation is that she goes for the highest spec she can afford. I particularly liked Northumbria61's first suggestion, which would fit her needs well.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED