//some 3rd party need geo

Laptop Freezing?!?!

Terrylr 00:50 09 Jan 04

Hi,

I wonder if anyone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

My Sony Vaio Laptop (PCG-FX705) randomly just freezes. I have no control with the keyboard, mouse ... nothing. It's random and I cannot see what might be causing this. It's not when I doing something pacific.

I cannot get into task manager or nothing. The machine just freezes, the mouse just frozen on the screen.

I’m running Windows XP version 5.1 with service pack 1 installed. I have 256MB of memory

Any idea’s!?!?

Much appreciated!

Terry

Gaz 25 01:19 09 Jan 04

Hardware fault with the memory or even PSU can cause this.

but try new drivers, and run some basic diagnostics first.

critic-al 01:33 09 Jan 04
  Zero Two 05:59 09 Jan 04

Processor overheating. Does the fan run, does its speed increase as the Processor warms up?

Have you fitted incompatable memory?

Terrylr 15:40 10 Jan 04

Yes it could be it overheating. I have installed nothing.. everything is genuine Sony equipment. Laptops do get very hot ... so 'could' be that

wee eddie 22:18 10 Jan 04

Check that none of the air vents is obstructed!

vinnyo123 22:44 10 Jan 04

it might not be enough RAM do you notice if it is happening during multitasking. As i understand xp needs a min. of 256 MB of RAM not sure off hand.It would cause freezes if you are multitasking.

Terrylr 00:15 17 Jan 04

I have 256mb of RAM. It has frozen several time when on the table ... certainly not restricted there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…