Laptop Freezes on "Welcome"

prycey 18:06 21 Jun 06

I just turned on my laptop, which uses Windows Xp, and it stops loading on the "Welcome" screen on bootup. It did this twice, so I had to shut down by holding in the off button. I tried to bootup in safe mode to see if that would help, so I kept tapping F8, but it didn't go to safe mode, and instead got to the Welcome screen again. This time, however, it decided to load up.

Not sure why this is. Is this a problem? I still have warranty on my laptop; should I consider sending it off to be repaired?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:53 21 Jun 06

Sounds like a faulty device driver.

try Start - Run - type sfc /scannow - press ok you may need an XP CD in drive if not preloaded on hard drive.
This will scan and replace missing / corrupt windows files and may solve your problem.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

woodchip 19:02 21 Jun 06

First, go to My Computer double click it then right click C:\Properties\Tools check disc you will then need to restart computer for disc check to work

prycey 19:16 21 Jun 06

yep well it seems to be working- it's scanning now and is fixing the files etc

cheers guys!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…