laptop fan problem

the kopite 16:12 09 May 07

Hi Guys My friend has a Packard Bell E3265 laptop and his fans are staying on constantly where as before they only came on when the laptop got hot any ideas whats causing this please Thanks Kopite

Pamy 16:15 09 May 07

How old is the laptop? Perhaps it's staying hotter now it's gathered some dust

woodchip 16:22 09 May 07

As the hard drive gets full it will have more to read, also it probably is a slow hard drive 4200rpm this along with a fragmented drive will make the Drive a CPU work a lot harder. Entailing the fan working. Get a 7200rpm Drive and defrag the drive. Dust also will be a problem round the fan and cooler fins This can only be got out by dismantling just a bit of the laptop. Normally the bit at the top with the Start button and keypad as to come off. all screws are at the top after the top strip under the screen is removed

woodchip 16:23 09 May 07

When using a Laptop it should not be used on a carpet or soft things that gather dust as all this will get sucked in at the bottom vents

the kopite 16:33 09 May 07

Thaks for the prompt answers guy I did say to him that dust would be my first consideration. Just emailed him your answers let you know Kopite

woodchip 16:37 09 May 07

Ask him how much the hard drive light is stopping on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…