Laptop fan louder than usual

MazinJ 21:50 22 Oct 14

My laptop has served me faithfully for the past few years but over the last few weeks I noticed I was suffering from heat related performance issues. Whenever I'd run a game, my system seemed to throttle FPS half and hour in and the Laptop became noticeably warmer.

So I bought a can of compressed air as well as a cooling pad, cleaned out the fan and turned the pad on whenever gaming and everything seemed to work fine. You could no longer fry an egg on the surface of the machine and games worked fine.

The thing is, as of yesterday I've noticed the laptop acting up more than usual. The fan seems to work on overtime, even on mundane tasks like Internet browsing and Facebook. The vibrations the machine makes on start-up stick around for the duration of it's use and work away throughout the day. Even when I lock the desktop, the fan continues working away loudly like there's no tomorrow. When I put my hand over the ventilator, cool air is being pumped out.

I have no idea what's going on. I'm sure that the increase in noise is not in my head but I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Is there a programme running in the background, has something gone wrong with the hardware itself?

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:28 22 Oct 14

I've never liked the idea of blowing compressed air into laptop vents as in blows the dust into the guts of the machine and forces the cpu fan backwards.

Think the only option may be to strip the laptop apart to get at the fan and possibly replace it.

if you google for you laptop there are oftn videos showing how to get at the fan or strip the laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…