Laptop Fan cleaning!!

bugzy101 13:26 09 Jul 06

Hi guys

My laptop has 2 fans which are built into 1 unit.
The problem i am having is that one of the fans makes a sort of noise that sounds like its full of dust or something. I no this because i have sotware that was designed for laptop fan controling, so i tryed each fan on its own to see which fan it was that had the problem. The other fan is fine sounds very clean but i think the other may need some cleaning.

What do you suggest?

Thanks For Help.

bugzy101 13:33 09 Jul 06

the fans look like this click here

Ade_1 16:31 09 Jul 06

On my laptop, i leave the grill on, i dont dismantle anything, all i do is just use something to suck the dust out. But like i say i dont dismantle anything as i dont want to end up sucking anything up apart from dust.

woodchip 16:58 09 Jul 06

You cannot clean unless you dismantel the Laptop some. Not one for the learner

Totally-braindead 17:03 09 Jul 06

I only took a laptop apart once. It took me so long to get the thing back together I now wouldn't touch one. My only suggestion would be what Ade_1 suggests, use a hoover on the vents but be careful as the hoovers like Dysons are so powerful I have actually seen a motherboard damaged by one, the guy stuck it right on top of the board and must have loosened some of the components. Admitadely that was a desktop motherboard and he had it touching the components but you can see what I mean. He ended up buying a new motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…