laptop dvd to tv

elgar 22:14 29 Apr 03

I have laptop with S-video output and SCART adapter - I only get black and white output of teh wallpaper (no icons or mouse action

What should I do now?

hugh-265156 01:24 30 Apr 03

if the scart is connected to the av1 input of the tv you should get colour.some tvs are not ntsc(american/jap tv screen format)compatable and this would cause a black and white display.have a look in display/settings/advanced and see if you have a tv or displays tab look here for pal or ntsc set up select pal and you should have colour.

DieSse 02:09 30 Apr 03

The adapter does not automatically enable your TV to be svhs compatible - some are - some aren't.

hugh-265156 02:13 30 Apr 03

i agree but if your using the seven pin svideo adapter supplied with a lot of ati cards and then plugging this into a scart adapter its only a composite signal.

elgar 00:18 01 May 03

connected teh adapter to the 2nd scart and selected av2. Restarted laptop, this did the trick. Thanks for comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…