laptop dummy

jennifer_eccles 12:46 07 Feb 04

I hate clutter and want to uncluuter my bedroom, I have a lge t.v dvd player, small denon stereo.

I've never owned a laptop, but what i would like out of a lap top is

: I want to be able to watch t.v through it

: I would like to be able to use bluetooth with my blueyonder modem. so i can surf whilst in my b/room.

can bluetooth pick up a t.v signal

i've not really found a site that answers these questions.

would appreciate input ty...

mgmcc 15:11 07 Feb 04

<< I want to be able to watch t.v through it >>

There are USB TV tuners for the reception of both Analogue and Digital broadcasts but you do need a good aerial.

<< I would like to be able to use bluetooth with my blueyonder modem. >>

I think Wi-Fi (802.11b or 802.11g) would be more appropriate than bluetooth, which is more suitable for connecting mobile phones to laptops or headsets. Bluetooth is used over very short distances.

<< can bluetooth pick up a t.v signal >>

Not as such. Bluetooth is a technology to connect two devices wirelessly over a very short distance. For TV reception, you would need a Bluetooth enabled laptop to connect to a Bluetooth enabled TV tuner (which probably doesn't exist).

Mysticnas 15:44 07 Feb 04

bluetooth now caters for 50m 100m and 200m distance.

mgmcc 12:01 08 Feb 04

<< bluetooth now caters for 50m 100m and 200m distance >>

Yes, I believe it is a bit more powerful now than the little USB device I use to connect my laptop and mobile phone :)

Mysticnas 13:53 08 Feb 04

you can those distances in new devices the same size as your usb dongle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…