Laptop Drive disappeared also not detected by BIOS

andywolve 21:01 26 Dec 09

Hi,

I have been experiencing this problem for many months now, and it made upgrading to Windows 7 a lot more difficult!

I have tried deleting lower and upper filters, I use to be on Vista and tried to use Microsoft's fix it software. I have tried all methods to get it back working. In the past, trying to flash the bios, or try to update the drivers, sometimes helped finding the drive again, if it worked, it allowed me to use it until I switched the laptop off, or put it in Standby.

Originally, (on my other post, a year or so ago), it use to be in the BIOS, now it is no longer detected in the BIOS - however at boot up it allows me to open the disc drive, when in windows it is fully disabled. Occasionally, it will make an incredible loud noise, and vibrate badly, I have to switch the laptop off for it to stop.

Any Advice will be appreciated, sorry for the long post tried to explain fully.

Is it time to buy a new drive - also someone mentioned about that the data controller may be faulty, how do I replace that???

Quiller. 22:12 26 Dec 09

Undo the screw that holds the drive and slide out the drive. Push the drive back in, firmly and restart the machine.

Laptop optical drives are cheap and easy to replace.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced