Laptop doesn't recognise network

1skinny123 15:35 PM 02 Jun 13

I have used my Acer laptop for three years running on Vista. I think I have done something I shouldn't have to my laptop. When I go to the list of wireless networks to connect to, our home network reads "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network" and instead of the signal power bar there is a red cross??? I live with three other people who can connect no problem with laptops and phones. I vaguely remember changing some sort of setting?

Help!! Thanks

1skinny123 15:39 PM 02 Jun 13

I have tried restoring my comp' but the only restore point is yesterday? I have backed up any needed inf' so wouldn' mind taking computer back to factory settings, but would like to keep Windows?

rdave13 16:28 PM 02 Jun 13

What you need to know is, the SSID (name of network, your router)

Type of security, WPA2 etc, encryption, AES or TKIP,and the security key.

Once you have the details try deleting the wireless connection, click here.

Set up the connection again, Two methods exist for setting up a wireless connection on Vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11