Laptop does not load xp

justa2507 16:23 09 May 07

I have a mid2020 notebook whitch my kids use its been working fine untill a week ago . When you turn it on it says on the screen press f2 but when you press it, it does not do anything and will not load up xp can anyone help thanks

woodchip 16:26 09 May 07

That sounds like the one I have it's a Medion. It was preloaded with XP. Do you have any Medion CD's? like a recovery CD

justa2507 16:31 09 May 07

No woodchip i dont have any discs with do you have any other ideas thanks

EARLR 17:36 09 May 07

Try removing and re-seating the HD and clean the contacts.
FIRST
Unplug from mains.
Remove battery.

Good Luck
my Targa was doing that when HD failed but they replaced it 2 months after warranty expired.(free)

woodchip 18:12 09 May 07

You should have some way of recovery with the computer, what does the manual say. As it may let you recover by pressing a key combination

justa2507 18:14 09 May 07

i will download manual and let you no thanks but

justa2507 09:15 11 May 07

I have tried doing all of the above and still have no joy has any1 else got any ideas please

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:53 11 May 07

Do you have or can you borrow an XP CD?

Do a repair install
Repair XP by install over the top of existing systm

1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.

DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).

4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.

6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.

Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.

Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Repair XP
click here

justa2507 11:01 15 May 07

i have done all the things you have said and i thankyou for your help. none off the things have work so i will give it up as a bad job thanks again for your time

wee eddie 11:15 15 May 07

Sounds a bit obvious, try tapping F5 or F8 as you turn it on, but nothing to be lost in trying.

Surprised that no ones suggested that yet!

birdface 11:44 15 May 07

Try wee Eddie's solution.Make sure you keep tapping the Key at start up and don't just hold it down,Try System restore or last good configuration if it works,A week ago there was a bad Microsoft download that affected a lot of computers,So a System restore to a date before the 8th of may if you can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now