Laptop does not boot from restore point

slktec 15:07 27 Jun 12

Recently I bought Fujitsu Lifebook A531. It does not resuming after hibernating; stuck with a blink in black screen. Is this hardware problem or software problem? OS is Windows 7 64 bit

birdface 16:39 27 Jun 12

Have you tried system repair in safe mode or last good configuration.

birdface 16:53 27 Jun 12

If you get into safe mode and CMD you can type rstrui.exe into that and it takes you to system restore.

Just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts for safe mode.

Back to factory settings is F 12 I believe but only as a last resort.

slktec 18:05 27 Jun 12

@buteman what i did was just hibernate the pc. then next time it didn't boot up. I didn't make any restore point. Is this just software or hardware(Hard drive) failure? Thank you for supporting.

rdave13 19:04 27 Jun 12

Power options may be corrupt but it does sound like software problems. Try removing the battery and mains power. Press and hold the power button in for a minute. Connect the power adapter only and try to boot again. You may get a screen asking to repair the startup or run Windows normally.

chub_tor 19:06 27 Jun 12
  slktec 03:46 28 Jun 12

@rdave13 PC is booted when I shutdown the PC. But problem remains after hibernating. PC is working; but does not booted up after hibernating.

@chur_tor My settings are just like the settings you posted. Nothing changers.

northumbria61 07:50 28 Jun 12

This problem can sometimes be related to a Graphics driver - try updating it via Device Manager.

chub_tor 09:50 28 Jun 12

Further down in the link that I sent you was this suggestion "I have solved this problem simply switching BIOS option ACPI SUSPEND TYPE to S3". Might be worth a try to see if your BIOS has that option.

slktec 18:24 28 Jun 12

It is not graphic driver problem. I update it, Nothing happens.

chub_tor 09:37 29 Jun 12

Did you check the BIOS ACPI suspend options?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…