Laptop and Desktop PC

jim63 10:40 17 Apr 09

My destop pc is connected to internet with BT Hub using ethernet cable. Can I connect laptop in another room using another BT Hub. At present laptop is connected wirelessly. I cannot get a decent wireless connection all the time on laptop.

Technotiger 11:00 17 Apr 09

I am pretty certain you can only use one Router per BT Line.

You probably need something like this

click here

Technotiger 11:02 17 Apr 09

Sorry that link did not work - but just Google for "Wireless Broadband Booster" and you will see what I mean.

AlouetteIII 11:11 17 Apr 09
  Technotiger 11:18 17 Apr 09

Exactly the same link I posted - but yours works!!

AlouetteIII 12:09 17 Apr 09

How odd is that?!

jim63 12:19 17 Apr 09

I have a Belkin ADSL modem with Wireless-G Router
is this different than the one you mention.

OTT_Buzzard 12:28 17 Apr 09

If your laptop is wireless, you can get another wireless router and set it up as a 'repeater'. This will improve the signal strentgh to your laptop.

Technotiger 12:29 17 Apr 09

Third one down on that link, should work fine - it is also Belkin.

You would use it in conjunction with your own Router, it is just a wireless signal extender, to do just what you require.

keef66 12:48 17 Apr 09

No consolation to you, but I just got a Linksys wireless N router so we could share our Virgin cable broadband. Our laptops pick up a good signal all over the house (extended 1930's solid brick semi) and even on the patio / in the garden / sitting in the car outside.

Am I to understand that BT's home hub isn't as good as their current adverts suggest? Or is that black thing with a phone parked on it something different?

Zeppelyn 15:06 17 Apr 09

You can use two BT Hubs, one as a repeater but they need to be Version 1 or 1.5, the new black Version 2 (the curved one) cant act as a repeater tho.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…