Laptop Cutting Out

acsmanhtml12 10:28 06 Aug 06

My 6 month old laptop keeps cutting out for no reason. If I have a fan behind out however, it works fine. I think it could be the heat. Any body have any advice. I am sending it back under warranty and see if they can repair it. I have tried blowing the laptop out with compressed air. That didn't help. It running Windows XP home SP2 with 512MB RAM and 55GB HDD. It's a Toshiba P30-145(Satellite) with an ATI 64MB Graphics Card and is a great laptop that I don't want to replace!!

Taff™ 10:38 06 Aug 06

I think you`ve answered the question yourself. You should be able to har a laptop fan during start up and certainly when you ask it to perform fast. Watch a DVD for example - the fan should work hard for a while and then quiten down once the DVD is playing.

Suggest you back up everything before you return it.

acsmanhtml12 10:39 06 Aug 06

Thanks!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…