Laptop Crashes

The GnoMe 19:47 12 Dec 05

Hi all, well its been so long since ive had any problems at all that i havent been here for ages, and when i come back the whole site has changed, it looks brilliant!!!!!
Anyway onto my problem, the other day my laptop crashed and the 'blue screen' came up saying that windows had a serious error and its been restarted, however it failed to restart.
So i switched it off, hoping to switch back on again, but it wouldnt switch back on, so i left it a while then tried to switch it on, it did, so i started in safe mode, and tried to do a registry clean with some software i downloaded, it then crashed again and wouldnts switch back on for about 3 hours, when it did i started again in safe mode and used msconfig to disable some services, just ones i didnt recognise, and then i started it normally and it seems to have been fine but then it froze and wouldnt switch off, and it had no hardrive activity at all. So i had to remove the battery and then it switched on again.

What could have caused this, i did a full virus/adware/trojan scan and it came up clean.

Can anyone help me sort this problem out?

many thanks
Ryan

The GnoMe 19:48 12 Dec 05

sorry i run win xp home

woodchip 19:56 12 Dec 05

will it keep running without the battery in? If not then I would say it's dust build up try a Vac on the vents. the CPU fan may be failing. but it would mean a strip for to check that, so try the above first

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…