Laptop Crash

krist 17:27 01 Oct 05

I recently bought a laptop and it now crashes whenever i try to run a program. I am running Panda Antivirus and this crashes when i do a full scan can anyone suggest any thing

SANTOS7 17:31 01 Oct 05

krist
you recently bought a laptop, Brand new/second hand,
W98, ME, XP , how much memory does it have, are you connected to the internet,
A little more info will go a long way...

krist 16:56 02 Oct 05

the laptop is a brand new higrade with a1.4ghz centrino processor with 512mb of ram running xp home edition with 1mb broadband connection. Wvery time i run some programs not all theycrash and i end up having to restart the prograam. At first i thought this was because the graphics card was not god enough but when my anti virus program Panda crashed i knew it was something else. Panda has the most up to date virus lists and i have run spybot killers and xp optimisers. i have noticed alot running in the system processes but i don't know what i can remove to make it quicker any help would be greatly appriciated. Many thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:58 02 Oct 05

A 1.4G running XP on 512 will not run many more operations without crashing.

Crashing can be cause by overheating (common with laptops), lack of memory, lack of hard drive space, corrupt drivers, spyware, viruses and a host of other things.

Clear all your temp files with Crap Cleaner click here Regseeker click here will clean the registry.

Uninstal any programs you are not using and run a defrag and scan for errors on the harddrive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…