laptop crash

Retired Hurt 17:17 29 Jan 05

I am running XP home on a Fujitu laptop. Suddenly, for no obvious reason the computer "hangs" or crashes at random times. I have disconnected all hardware, including the mouse, run virus, adware and spy checks - nothing untoward. The computer just freezes, the cursor disappears and the only solution is to force a switch off (hold the off button for 3+ seconds).A immediate reboot is as normal, no malfuctions noted and off we go again. The freeze can occur anything from 2 minutes after full boot up to several hours later. Any ideas please folks?
Rob

Retired Hurt 17:26 29 Jan 05

Seeing advice in another thread about the events thingy I found a red circle with white cross. The message was :
The USB Bridge Cable (Windows 2000) service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

This means nothing to me however.
Help Please

Retired Hurt 17:55 29 Jan 05

I can see everyone is busy. I have to log off now, but will bump this to the top of the list again later. If anyone can help I will be grateful. Tnks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:44 29 Jan 05

Is this a piece of software to run a USB to USB link between computers?

Try reinstalling the drivers / software.

Retired Hurt 14:11 31 Jan 05

Thanks for you contribution,will try your suggestion.
Will close this thread for now

Retired Hurt 14:13 31 Jan 05

>dun

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…