laptop connection via wireless router

cd72uk 11:28 22 Aug 07

I am a complete novice and would like to know what equipment I will need to connect my laptop to the internet so I can use it around the house.
I have a wifi enabled laptop, and an orange broadband modem, I have no other computers, and would like to connect to the internet from any room in the house rather than having to sit in the room where my telephone jack and modem is plugged into. I assume I will need some kind of wireless router, but as only have laptop cannot plug in via cable as then will be tied to one room again. Please could someone advise me. Budget is very tight so am looking for a low cost solution, many thanks.

mgmcc 11:04 23 Aug 07

As your budget is tight, have a look at click here

cd72uk 11:08 23 Aug 07

Excellent, many thanks for you help

cld1608 20:23 30 Aug 07

I am in exactly the same situation as you cd72uk. I read this thread on Saturday and ordered the wireless router and I've had it delivered today although I cannot work out how it goes together because of the Orange speedtouch modem? any ideas anybody. Hope someone out there can help a desperate lady....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced