Laptop connection has limited or no connectivity

bristolgirl 12:50 17 Apr 09

Hi helpful people!

Yesterday my Laptop was working well and had a broadband connection.

Today, I do not have a connection. I get the message, "This connection has limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the Internet of some network resources. For information click this message"

(I did this) and had the following message:-

"You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources. The problem occured because the network did not assign a network address to the computer."

(I then went to select Repair and had the following message:-)
"Renewing your IP address.
Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed.
Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network."

Needless to say, I still do not have a connection. Do I have to contact my ISP or is there an easier way?

Many thanks in advance.

Xeuim 12:53 17 Apr 09

Hi

It sounds like your DCHP on your router/gateway is not working as it should be and not giving out addresses. If you have not already log on to the router/gateway and check the DCHP is running.

A more heavy handed approach but normally works is to turn the router off for a minute or so, then turn it back on, most routers have DCHP enabled by default and this should start giving the address out again.

Hope it helps
Thanks

beeuuem 12:58 17 Apr 09

There are several possibilities.
Check that the cables are properly seated in the computer and the modem.

Have you tried turning the modem off and on i.e resetting the modem?

Sometimes it can be a corrupted file, try click here

bristolgirl 13:27 17 Apr 09

Many thanks Xeuim and beeeuuem!!!!!!!!

Turning my router on and off fixed the problem!

Best wishes to you both!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…