LAPTOP TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET

alt 08:41 26 Sep 03

Hi PC world are advertising a laptop that comes ready to be able to access the internet. Does this mean that I could upload data and photos to the internet as well as get access to it. I sell on E-Bay and would need to be able to do this. Also would I need anything else? Here is the name of the Laptop:-PACKARD BELL
INTEL CENTRINO M 1.3GHz LAPTOP
PACKARD BELL E3 138..................Thanks in advance

Cesar 08:56 26 Sep 03

What this actually means is that the Computer is ready for you to register to the ISP, if it's PC World it's probably Freeserve, you still have to go through the process of setting up your account.

alt 09:42 26 Sep 03

Thanks Ceasar, It sais that it is wireless, I take this to mean that it doesn't need a phone point?......If so How do I find out if the wireless connection is broadband etc....

milly54 17:15 26 Sep 03

Having a wireless connection means nothing unless you have access to a "hotspot" wireless access point(and a subscribtion!), or another PC with wireless networking that can provide internet-connection-sharing (ICS), otherwise you'll still need a phone point to connect to an internet service.

By the way you normally have to be within 50 metres of a "hotspot"

Hope this helps

Milly54

alt 18:36 26 Sep 03

THANKS THIS HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…