Laptop completly not working!!!

William Downey 15:24 25 Jul 07

Turned my laptop on this morning to complete Coursework using Word. Suddenly, the computer displays a STOP error, and turns off. When plugged in, the computer does not recognise that an adaptor is connected and does not display any lights on the front panel, and laptop does not turn on whatsoever. Any suggestions?

Thanks

William Downey 15:31 25 Jul 07

Addition - I'm using a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M 6100 running Windows XP.

woodchip 15:35 25 Jul 07

Try running the Laptop with the Battery removed, just on the Mains Addapter. I only use my Battery when I go way. The battery will also last a lot longer

William Downey 15:39 25 Jul 07

Thanks - already tried that - still nothing happens.

William Downey 15:40 25 Jul 07

The computer does not work with or without the battery. When I push the button to switch on, the laptop does not respond.

woodchip 15:43 25 Jul 07

Does the addapter light come on, it may have folded

William Downey 15:44 25 Jul 07

The adaptor light does come on, but there is no lights on the display. The adaptor is brand new - baught last week.

woodchip 15:50 25 Jul 07

If you have a Volts Tester I would Stick it on the Plug at the end of adapter. red to middle black to outer on plug. It may be this that as blown your comp

William Downey 15:53 25 Jul 07

I've tried a different adaptor - still not working. Could the machine be completly dead?

woodchip 15:55 25 Jul 07

to get at your work, if you have access to another comp like the one you are using remove the drive from the laptop under a plate ether at the bottom or edge of laptop. buy a 2.5" caddy and plug it into the usb on the other comp click here

William Downey 15:56 25 Jul 07

Brilliant - Thanks very much indeed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…