laptop combo drive not cd writing

ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 17:26 01 Jan 03
  ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 17:26 01 Jan 03

hi my combo drive on my laptop only seems to be set up as a dvd drive i have tried to copy files to a cd using nero but it does not recognize the drive. i have looked in device manager and it says that it is QSI DVD-ROM SDR-081

what can i do about this as i want to be able to copy cds

thanks in advance

crimbo 17:34 01 Jan 03

Are you sure that the manufacturers haven't given you a DVD drive by mistake? because Windows should recognise the drive automatically; you could try disabling the drive in device manager and rebooting to see if it recognises it, otherwise refer back to the vendor.

ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 17:40 01 Jan 03

no that hasnt worked but i have used it to copy cds before a few weeks ago but it doesnt work now i have tried system restore but nothing

1st RHA 17:45 01 Jan 03

what about downloading the driver again?

BRYNIT 17:46 01 Jan 03

Check for new drivers and reload, could be something you have recently installed conflickting.

ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 18:37 01 Jan 03

were would i check for new drivers and how to do it in win xp

BRYNIT 19:09 01 Jan 03

you will need to find out which manufacture your cd writer is and go to their web page and look for update drivers. If you can't find out the manufacture from you invoice/ installation disk contact your retailer for the information.

BRYNIT 19:21 01 Jan 03

From your retailer or invoice you should be able to find out the manufacturer and model of the CD writer. Go to the website and look for update drivers.
I do not have win XP as yet but if you look in the help file under index search for drivers you should find adding/ changing. This should help to install new drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…