Laptop clock slow

Strangely Brown 15:15 10 Jan 05

My work laptop appears to have a problem keeping time. It's lost 50 minutes since I corrected it under a week ago. It's fine whilst I'm working but appears to be losing time when it's not switched on.

Bearing in mind that it is now 4 years old is there a battery on the system board that may be failing?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:49 10 Jan 05

yes sounds like the system battery (small watch type battery)is starting to fail.

Make a note of your BIOS settings and buy a new battery aprrox £1.99 (don't goto Pcworld £3.99)

The battery is usually under a small flap on the base of the laptop. If you post make and model someone may be able to tell you exactly where it is.

Strangely Brown 12:36 11 Jan 05

Thanks for the update FruitBat. The machine in question is an IBM Thinkpad T21 if anyone can help.

Personally, I see this as a perfect opportunity to highlight to my employer that they really need to invest in some new kit for their consultants. I mean, I can't even play a decent game of Championship Manager on this!!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:17 11 Jan 05

hardware and maintenance manual click here

Strangely Brown 10:14 12 Jan 05

Thanks FB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…